Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How to deliver live application using third party server

Hello Friends,

I do have application. I want to show that application from hosting?

1) I have IIS Server and QlikView Server. I can create one root folder for this scenario. But, My client has Web Server i.e., 3rd part server. Can anyone explain me how do we show that qvw to users by using 3rd party.

2) Meantime, Explain me this. I don't have access of QMC. Do i get Lease from That server for Local Client? If yes, Provide me inputs.

- ANIL    

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Anil babu wrote:

But now, Admin guy installed it showing only 2 Services...

I guess your installation is not complete or something is wrong with that. Ideally it should show 5 services running.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

1) I guess, when you say 3rd party server  you mean - a different web server. If so, I would read the web server section from the server manual - that says:

Other web servers can be used in a QVS environment, but at some point the traffic targeting QVS has to go through either QVWS or the dedicated ASPX pages on IIS.

2) You can lease license only if you have a Named CAL.

For better understanding read the doc attached

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

1) Somehow, I do have QVS Environment on my Machine. I didn't understand the mean wither QVWS . ASPX on IIS

--- Because, I've enabled IIS on QVS. IIS is working fine. But, When i tried to open the QMC it doesn't show anything. I mean Then Tabs are not running at all which we have the Four Tabs on QMC

2) I do have Named CAL. LEt's Assume the NAmed CAL is ABCD. Then what are the conn string to get Lease 

--- I've tried like below (qvp://ServerName@ABCD)

Can i know the process to get Lease.

Note:- I want to tell one thing. I do have Workbench which is situated that local client software for one AMI. And then i do have one Qlikview Server now i want to take lease from Server. I do have few qvw's i want to open those Files. Can you help me on this

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tresesco
MVP
MVP

What type of server do you have? What is the error message you get?

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

What type of Server Means. Are you referring Which CAL?

And Error I am getting while refresh the QMC like below

Capture.PNG

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Server Types

License Lease is available on the following server editions:

• QlikView Enterprise Server

• QlikView Small Business Server

License Lease is unavailable on the following server editions:

• QlikView Test Server

• QlikView Extranet Server

• QlikView Information Access Server

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Thanks for include on this

My Server is QlikView Enterprise Server.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Good Discussion,

For 1st one, I hope i had tried all ways

2nd one, Similar to first one

3rd one, They have mentioned this

1. temporarily configure an AD Directory Service Connector for the directory in which my users are found -- How to give priv for Directory, Bcz i don't ahve access to see inside of the mentor
  2. add the user to the appropriate Document Administrators list in QEMC -- Done, No luck
  3. delete the AD DSC, as being no longer needed for this purpose -- I am not sure, I understand this. Bcz i am new to the Server

But, I do have one question. Once Admin guy installed the QMC how many services should there. Because, My previous company i have got 5 services after install the QMC / QEMC.

But now, Admin guy installed it showing only 2 Services. I don't know what does the wrong from Admin. Do we required / default for 5 services while installed of Enterprise / Management for a while.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Anil babu wrote:

But now, Admin guy installed it showing only 2 Services...

I guess your installation is not complete or something is wrong with that. Ideally it should show 5 services running.