Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyav24
Creator II
Creator II

How to detach a sheet object from sheet??

Hello Everybody,

I have a requirement that sheet object should be detached from the sheet

That is,the particular sheet object should remain static,it should not get  affected by any selections that where made in the sheet.

I done this by detaching the sheet object from the sheet.

But, the problem is when i close  and reopen the qvw file the sheet object which i detached from sheet gets attached to the sheet.

Is there any Solution for detaching the sheetobject permanently..

Thanks In Advance,

Priya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In QV11 you can use alternate states for this. On the General tab of the document properties window you can create a new alternate state. After creating it you can assign it on the General tab of the sheet object to that object. Only selections made in the same alternate state will affect the sheet object. So as long as you don't assign that alternate state to other objects the sheet object will act independently of the rest of the document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In QV11 you can use alternate states for this. On the General tab of the document properties window you can create a new alternate state. After creating it you can assign it on the General tab of the sheet object to that object. Only selections made in the same alternate state will affect the sheet object. So as long as you don't assign that alternate state to other objects the sheet object will act independently of the rest of the document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Priya,

You can use what Gysbert suggested. Also, there are two more ways:

1. Set Analysis Approach

2. Macro (On Document Open Trigger)

Please see the attachment and let me know if you need further help. I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

priyav24
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much Gysbert.....

priyav24
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Deepak

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I created an alternate state in document properties and added it in chart properties , still the chart is not detached can I know where I am going wrong ?

Thanks