Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to determine End_date from Start_date

Hi Guys,

Please can any one help me to determine the end date of a contract from the start date? I only have the contract period in numbers such as a two year contract beginning 1/1/2015 has a contract period 24.See example below. So Please how can I determine the end date with thesame format as the start date in a Table in Qlikview based on the Contract_Period@@?

ID          Start_date               End_date                    Contract_period                        E.g End_date

1            1/1/2015                    ?                                      24                                       12/31/2016

2             2/10/2015                  ?                                       24                   

3             5/15/2015                   ?                                       24

4              6/10/2015                   ?                                       24

5               7/20/2015                    ?                                       24

Note: Date Format is "MM/DD/YYYY"

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever,

I wanna thank you for your help. I tried it as a calculated dimension and it worked.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kim I did in the table and it worked.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever Please another question,

Now how can I label this column as End_date in the Table?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kim,

Any idea how I can give the column a name. Since I added it as i calculated dimension i can figure out how to assign a label to it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Date(AddMonths(Start_date,Contract_Period),'MM/DD/YYYY') AS YourDesiredFieldName

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Oh, sorry - I didn't see that you added as calculated dimension. You can only give it a label in each object. But really, do it in the script. Since this is a static value per row of data, it is just waste performing this calculation on each user interaction (even though cache will help some).