Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to determine which QVD is being used?

Hello,

I'm a SQL DBA/Developer and am new to Qlikview.  I'm looking for some help here.

I'm given some Qlikview apps to support.  I want to know how I can determine which QVD file is used by a specific

worksheet in the Qlikview workbook.  For example, I have a QVW file which contains 5 tabs (maybe call worksheet

in QV?).  Sorry if my terminology isn't correct.  If I go to Edit Script, I can see 5 different QVD files being used

to load the data for this app.  Let's say I have these 5 tab/worksheets in the QVW file:  1) Finance 2) Accouting 3) Expense

4) Profit and 5) Loss and let's say the QVD files are named ffile01.qvd, file02.qvd and etc...

My question is: if I click on 2) Accounting to see the all charts on this sheet which was developed by someone else,

how can I tell which QVD file is associated with all the charts on the screen?  I've looked through all the possible menu

options, context-menu options and didn't see anything that would tell this.

Thank you

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andrew,

This is what I was asking in an earlier reply.  Is the table name derived from the name of the qvd file if

an explicit table name is not given (as seen in my screenshot)?  So using the screenshot, is the table

name "STEP1"?