Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to determine which Qlikview Server Edition is installed on a system?

Hi Guys,

How to determine which Qlikview Server Edition is installed on a system?

I Want to know this because Server is not getting activated even after proving License key as well as control number so thinking to approach Qlik support team.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you mean QVS SBE vs EE, then in QMC go to the LEF overview in the Server License page and check if it contains a line like:

DISABLE_DMS;YES;;

SBE has this line, EE has no such specification because it supports DMS.

If you mean "what release of QlikView Server did we install?" then in QMC go to System->About and navigate down to the QVS service area. It has a "Product Version" line.

Does your server have access to the internet (https)?

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Yes I mean to determine Edition of QlikView Server (QVS SBE vs EE). So There is no way of know the edition before activation of Server.

Here in my case, Server is not yet activated and getting some error so though of know which edition is installed but there was no clue and  I found LEF is blank before activation. LEF will have the value only after activating the server.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Usually you get your license and control number from Qlik, either on paper or via email. The same message also details the product versions and the number of CALs on which these licenses apply.

If you're not able to activate your server, contact your partner for a LEF file. The LEF file, together with license and control numbers allows you to activate locally. The LEF file laso contains information about the Server edition, as described in my previous post.

RickWild64
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

You can't tell what server edition is installed before activation because it is the license that determines the server capabilities. It's the same installer for all editions.

What errors were you getting?

Regards,

Rick