Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to differentiate accumulation by subject name by year ?

Hi,

Below is the chart that I have:

Qns 2.jpg

I have 2 dimensions for this "Full Accumulation" Graph; namely "Test Subject" & "Year".

However, they are adding on the number regardless of "Test Subject".

E.g

Test Subject A has 44 Cases for 2013.  For Test Subject B, it will add Test Subject A 44 cases to its own test case.

What I want to show is that for test subject B, it should only show 344 cases, not accumulation of both test subject.

Any one has a solution to this ?  I tried drill through too but cant get the right combination.

Thks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

That's what a stacked chart should do, it should accumulate across the 2nd dimension, in this case years.  Don't need to accumulate the expression itself.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

What you've described making B have 44 + 344 sounds exactly like what I'd expect with Full Accumulation.  Why do you have that turned on if don't want to accumulate.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I need accumulation on the cases but it should be categorize by Subject Name and year and not lump all the cases together regardless of subject name. 

What I want to see is that for each subject name, the case should be accumulated in term of years for that subject name only.

Hope this helps to clarify.

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

That's what a stacked chart should do, it should accumulate across the 2nd dimension, in this case years.  Don't need to accumulate the expression itself.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your guidance.  Able to get the result with no accumulation.  Below is the answer. 

Just one last question, the graph cannot display the figure for test subject A on year 2014. The reason is that the graph thickness is too thin, any way to show the figure out ???

Thanks!

Qns 2.jpg

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

Only thing I can think of is to make sure your axis font is as small as can be as that determines how much can be fit.

The size of the graph also influences.

There is a setting in the Presentation tab called "Plot Values Inside Segments" which you've selected.  If turn off, it will show value above the column which means not restricted by size.  But it will only show the total over the years which doesn't work for you

Think this is just a limitation in Qlikview.  There could be other tricks like making a combo chart with two expressions, one being the bar (without value showing) and a second being a symbol with value showing (but hide the symbol).  This might do it - but I had a quick go and couldn't get it to work.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anthony,

appreciate on your end to give this a try. The size of the graph is quite big actually.

Guess this is the limitation in Qlikview unless some people has a workaround for this. 

I will have to see if the management accept this a not since this is technically infeasible.

Therefore, I will close this thread as answered. 

Appreciate your help along the way in resolving this.