Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display Label Name In Current Selections Box

Hi,

I am facing problem with Current Selection Box. I want to display Title in Current Selection Box instead of Field Name. I know with Text Object but my client is not accepting Text box.

My requirement:

I have Selected a value in Product Category List box.  I want to display the Label name instead of Product Category in current selections box.

PFA.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

3 Replies
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

you can't do that. current selection box will show only the field name. Not the list box's label name. I think you need to modify the field name in the script while loading.

it is a good practice to rename all the fields to readable form in the final application.

regards,

Prabhu Appu

itibook
Partner - Contributor III

I don't quite understand why should rename all my fields in "user readable" format. What is the use of labels for then? 🙂

I also was expecting to have the label shown as part of the current selection. I even tried by using a Master Dimension, but it still shows the field name. There are plenty of reasons why I would use a different label for the same field depending on the context, so yeah, it's quite disappointing to see that this is not supported.

Judicael

Try this,

='Director :'&Concat(DISTINCT Director,','&chr(13))&' '&chr(13)& 'Title : '&Concat(DISTINCT Title,',')