Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to draw a qlikview Scatter Chart

Dear Experts,

I have have a requirement where I am supposed to configure a scatter chart to show the number of employees arriving in a particular time interval.I have the data of employee ids and their corresponding entry time(in-time).I was able to create a datafield termed TimeBucket as given below .Now I need support to create a scatter chart to show the count of employees arriving at a particular TimeBucket.I tried creating with Emp-id as dimension,TimeBucket in x-axis,in-time in y-axis and  Emp-id as bubble size expression but I am not getting the desired result.A sample of straight chart output is given below.In this example the number of employees arriving between 8am-9am is 1,9am-10am is 3,10am-11am is 2 and 11am-12pm is 1 which should be the size of bubble.Thank you for your time and consideration.

Emp-id
in-timeTimeBucket

08:30:238 am - 9 am
190109:10:109 am - 10 am
200009:40:299 am - 10 am
199509:45:239 am - 10 am
250110:05:0910 am - 11 am
198910:30:1210 am - 11 am
185011:02:4511 am - 12 pm

Regards

Rishi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think what you need is a bar chart and showing a histogram:

Use TimeBucket as dimension and

=Count(DISTINCT Emp-Id)

as expression.

If you really want to use a scatter chart, please elaborate which axis expressions you want to use, using TimeBucket and in-time doesn't make much sense to me.

Recipe for a Histogram

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think what you need is a bar chart and showing a histogram:

Use TimeBucket as dimension and

=Count(DISTINCT Emp-Id)

as expression.

If you really want to use a scatter chart, please elaborate which axis expressions you want to use, using TimeBucket and in-time doesn't make much sense to me.

Recipe for a Histogram

MarcoWedel

Hi,

as a scatter chart might not be appropriate to visualize In-time buckets and number of employees, maybe you could add an out-time bucket as second expression to define the bubble position. The number of employees might as well be colour coded instead of using bubble sizes:

QlikCommunity_Thread_218824_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_218824_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_218824_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_218824_Pic4.JPG

Another solution could be a grid chart instead:

QlikCommunity_Thread_218824_Pic5.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_218824_Pic6.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_218824_Pic7.JPG

tabEmpTime:

LOAD *,

Time(InTime+NORMINV(Rand(),'08:00','02:00')) as OutTime;

LOAD 999+RecNo() as EmpID,

Time(NORMINV(Rand(),'08:00','02:00')) as InTime

AutoGenerate 1000;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Dear Macro

Thank you for your quick response.I hope its better to use bar chart for better understanding as suggested.Thank you for making me understand as how to accomplish the same through these charts.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Swuehi

I thought to use scatter chart but bar chart explains pretty well.Thank you for your consideration and helping me

Regards

Rishi