Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to export all data from a database using a macro/vodoo/unicorns while keeping its integrity? or: Beginner's Table box confusion: how do I let entries only show up once

I changed my earlier question to reflect my interest in "exporting all my data from my database" using any means possible 🙂 . I tried it using table boxes but my limited knowledge of Qlikview - the "autofill" in table boxes seem to limit this approach. Any help is appreciated.

Hey everybody,

Joachim already helped with my first question - it was super-quick and friendly - and here I am again to test the waters of the qlikview forum.

I am working with a table box.

Let's say I have a list with customer IDs, their age and multiple orders in a database.

In the table box qlikview lists each customer's order (good), the customer number of each customer (good), but also information like their age in every row of the table (it seems like qlikview is filling the table in order to have an entry in each row/column.

How do I let qlikview only repeat the customer numbers (the connection/identifier between multiple items) while not repeating other information (like the customer age)?

I'm only building the table box in order to export its contens - and in excel it is then impossible to tell which entries are "genuine" new entries - and which entries qlikview repeated.

Thank you

Matthias

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

A straight table will always behave that way. It sounds like you want a pivot table. However, that will only look like you want in QlikView. When you export to Excel, it will automatically fill in the "missing" data for you. In a sense, it is exporting the straight table version of your chart. I don't know a way around that, but I don't do much exporting, so it might be easy and it's just not something I know.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

thank you for your reply, hmmm.

I'm not even fixated on lists as a mean of exporting. I tried a button connected to the export function but it froze when trying to export any meaningful amount of data (≈ about 15k lines).

Would somebody know of a way to export all of this data while safekeeping the integrity of the data?

As its "all" the data from the database this could even be a very simple macro - I just don't have any clue how these would are written in Qlikview at all.

Thank you!

Mat