Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to extract background images from Qlik Examples?

Dear all,

i would like to reuse the background images from the QlikView Examples for my own QlikView application, e.g. from the "Expense Management" dashboard. Can you help?

Best Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II

hi

take the copy of the sheet and select all objects,delete all objects and export the image...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

just right click on the   sheet properties.....and select export image to file option is there...u can do it by usng dat

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II

hi

take the copy of the sheet and select all objects,delete all objects and export the image...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This does export the whole dashboard. I only want to export the background image.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u will get the background image of the dashboard only ...........i tried

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is a technique that allows you to recover the background from a QVW document. It's a bit cumbersome, so if I can find a better one I'll let you know.

• Start by saving the source document to a prj directory. The export creates a lot of xml files.See Break apart Qlikview File for more information
  • The Document Background will be stored in a file called DocProperties.xml in a tag called WallPaperPic. (a sheet background will be stored in another xml file. It shouldn't be too difficult to find)
  • Save the block of ASCII text between the <WallPaperPic> tags (but not including them) to a text file, and strip the leading spaces.
  • Use an online base64 to binary converter to produce a binary file.
  • Change the extension to .jpg (most probably) and try to open this file in Paint. It didn't test other extensions, but you may have to try some others if jpg doesn't work.

Best,

Peter

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II

hi Peter,

That's good to know.