Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mparker123
Creator
Creator

How to filter for values between dates?

Hello All,

I am trying to filter a straight table by inputting date ranges into either an "Input Box", "Text Object" or something else? The key is I want both fields to reference the same data. For instance, I have a field called Start Date and Due Date. I DO NOT want to filter on the start date. I want to be able to enter Two dates into either the "Input Box" ,"Text Object", or something else and have it filter BY Due Date only.

Example of Straight Table:

Project NameSummaryIssue TypeStart DateDue Date
PMO Jelly BeanJelly BeanNew Client5/1/20176/30/2017
PMO Kit-KatKit-KatNew Client2/14/201710/1/2017

I want to be able to enter any dates and have it filter accordingly. So if i enter in 6/1/2017 in one box and 6/30/2017 in other box I should only get PMO Jelly Bean. Again, If I enter in 6/31/2017 to 10/5/2017 I should only be seeing PMO Kit-Kat.

I am relatively new to qlikview and have look at other discussions on date ranges and can't seem to find one that will filter the data correctly. Thank You.

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Create 2 variables and then use those variables either Slider / Calendar / Variable objects.

Only({<Date = {">=$(vFirstSortDate) <=$(vLastSortDate)"}>}Summary)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mparker123
Creator
Creator
Author

I created both variables by going to the setting variable overview and creating 2 new ones with the formula you have provide. When I type in the dates nothing happens to the straight table.