Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to fix pivot table's wide ?

Hi all,

When I use button "Fast change" to expand all columns of the pivot table, the wide is automatically increased and get out of the sheet's size.

How could I prevent that to happen ? (stupid question maybe but I'm new to Qlikview )

Thank you

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in layout tab of the pivot table properties window, uncheck size to data (in Options section) and manually (drag the border of the chart) resize your chart window size to the required width. that should help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think jsaradhi is right first uncheck the Size to Data from Options In 'Layout Tab' then it you have to size it manually.

Thanks

Ankit

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both. Effectively I have this option checked. However I think it is used to increase the table'size (its height) when we have less or more data lines.

Now if I uncheck it, I will have a fixed height as well :-). I need to make a decision here...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

With the above option you can manually set the height and width as well.When i am testing the same on my end its changing the width not height.

Thanks

Colin-Albert

If you switch the design grid on, you will see the maximum size that the chart will being screen. You can then set the maximum width and height as you wish.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Ankit. The problem is I would like a fixed width but a "fit to data" height ;-). I am going to try the hint of Colin, which is set the max size and leave the option "fit to data" checked

Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin, where exactly could I set the max width ? Is it possible to combine "fit to data" option with a max width ?

Colin-Albert

With the Design Grid on, you can see the maximum size that the chart can expand into.

You cannot specify a width for each column you can just drag the column dividers to size.

You can enable the design grid from the View menu in QlikView Desktop.
grid.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Hello, OK now I see the external box as in your image, and I tried to resize it to within the sheet's border. But when I used the Fast change button, the pivot table's width is getting out of the sheet's border again.

What should I do ?