Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to force all Tab display ?

Hi All

May i know how to force all my tab display ? As now all my Tab is control by below code :-

vSheetVisible=xxx ( xxx refer to the 1 to 999 )

Now i need to delete some of the tab to make my doc faster load.

VIEW ALL TAB.png

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It wasn't meant just to overwrite your condition else to add the second one to it - and it will be of course hard work to do it ...

- create a new variable vSheetShowAll
- put the variable into an inputbox (maybe on an admin-sheet)
- copy the additional condition-part of " or $(vSheetShowAll) = true()"
- open the expression-overview and search for the first condition - and there you could add your second condition

I assume you need to repeat the adding for each sheet. Before starting with the search and replace approach make sure that you have enough BACKUP's because it might go wrong somehow ...

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

It could be reached with a second condition which is OR to your first one, maybe in this way:

$(vSheetVisible) = xxx or $(vSheetShowAll) = true()

Another helpful approach might be to implement some kind of grouping to your sheets ...

... whereby IMO I think here is something terribly wrong. Even if it technically worked it's a poorly design from a performance point of view and in regard of maintaining the application. Some of the views could be surely merged by using dimension/expression groups and/or using further methods of making th objects dynamically in regard to the selections or other requirements ... and if this (practically) ends it would be sensible to split the application.

I assume the background of it is to save licence-costs by including everything into a single app but I think the needed efforts and the various disadvantages of such approach will be overcompensating the costs.

- Marcus

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you for your comment, it is due to in the past lack of experience i have create too many page. so now i need to remove it.

I have try base on your recommendation it seen unable to work.

SHOW ALL.png

marcus_sommer

It wasn't meant just to overwrite your condition else to add the second one to it - and it will be of course hard work to do it ...

- create a new variable vSheetShowAll
- put the variable into an inputbox (maybe on an admin-sheet)
- copy the additional condition-part of " or $(vSheetShowAll) = true()"
- open the expression-overview and search for the first condition - and there you could add your second condition

I assume you need to repeat the adding for each sheet. Before starting with the search and replace approach make sure that you have enough BACKUP's because it might go wrong somehow ...

- Marcus