cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prab6279
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to generate Audit logs

I am working on the qlikview server (version 11.0.11440.0 SR2 64- bit edition), i have installed the governance dashboard .qvw (version 2.1.0), but Audit logs are not generating, so i followed this reference link https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Instructions-on-how-to-enable-Audit-Logging-in-the-...

changed the Config file of QVManagementService.exe.config  and changed the EnabledAuditLogging from “false” to “true” but still audit logs are not generating and all the logs are enable from the logging folder in qmc.

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

First, a word of caution: you are using a very old and unsupported version of QlikView. Upgrade to 12.40 SR1 as soon as you can.

Second, to your point, you have enabled the QMC Audit, not the user audit.

QMC audit logs what changes are done in the QMC (like creating a task, running a task or changing settings) and by who.

User audit is available in the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > your server > Logging > Enable Audit Logging, which is then fed to the QlikView Governance Dashboard.

Just to clarify, the logs are generated by user activity, not by the QlikView Governance Dashboard.

prab6279
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I have already enabled the logging in  QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > your server > Logging > , 

but still logs are not generating.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Are you clicking on the app, and taking a look at the "Audit_" log file in the Logs folder? Does the Audit log file exist at all?

Also, check that the app is inheriting the permission: QMC > Documents > User Documents > Performance > Enable Audit Logging. It can be enabled by default for the server but disabled individually in each app.

prab6279
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

1. I am accessing application in the access point for logs.

2. In log "Audit_" logs are not generating.

3. The Enable Audit Logging is enabled in QMC > Documents > User Documents > Performance > Enable Audit Logging

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I have just tested on a virtual environment and it just works.

There could be a bug though, or something related to your specific configuration. The fact that not even an empty file is created when an app is open or a click is performed is quite intriguing.

1. Does the setting keep checked after you reload the page or close the browser and open again?
  2. Are the other logs Sessions, Performance, Events working fine and registering activity?
  3. Does the account running the QlikView services have permissions on the folder where the logs should go?
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Prabhakar, be sure the app that is loading the audit logs has the correct location for those logs, I believe you said you were using the Governance Dashboard app, you need to be sure your log locations configured there are pointing to the correct locations to be able to pull those into the app.  That is the only thing of which I can think is wrong here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.