cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to get IntervalMatch Working Correctly

I am having trouble getting my IntervalMatch function to work properly. I have posted my script below.

My end goal is to join the %SessionKey% from the Actions table to the Sessions table. I am trying to do this by first matching the Action Timestamp to the correct Session_Start and Session_End Interval. I need to add a key to the IntervalMatch in order to make the records more unique, which is why %IntervalKey_Actions% and %IntervalKey_Sessions% were created. Once the correct timestamp and key are associated on the Sessions table I want to then left join in the %SessionKey%. When I run my script below I get two synthetic tables. Any help on how to solve this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Actions:

LOAD

tmpDate&'-'&UPPER([Action Document])&'-'&UPPER([Action User]) as %IntervalKey_Actions%,

[Action Timestamp],

%SessionKey%

Resident tmp2_Actions;

Drop table tmp2_Actions;

Sessions:

LOAD

Session_Date&'-'&UPPER(Document_Name)&'-'&UPPER(UserId) as %IntervalKey_Sessions%,

Session_Start,

Session_End

Resident tmpSessions;

IntervalMatch:

Intervalmatch([Action Timestamp],%IntervalKey_Actions%)

Load Session_Start, Session_End, %IntervalKey_Sessions% as %IntervalKey_Actions%

Resident tmpSessions;

Drop Table tmpSessions;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This was an oversight on my part. I had two keys in one table which was causing duplication of records on the Session table after the IntervalMatch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarcoWedel

please post some sample data and your expected result

thanks

regards

Marco

MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This was an oversight on my part. I had two keys in one table which was causing duplication of records on the Session table after the IntervalMatch.