Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II

How to get pick value for matching multiple values at a time by using pick and wildmatch function

Hi All,

I have two fields  like

TranTypeDescription
TranDelivery
TranPost
TranPending
TranDelivery
TranService
TranStatement
TranService Charge
Tran_Hiding
TranBlock'
TranDeposit
TranMonthly Deposit

By using the above data I will create another field like Category and I want result like

TranTypeDescriptionCategory
TranDeliveryDelivery
TranPostPost
TranPendingPost
TranDeliveryDelivery
TranServiceUnderService
TranStatementLift Charge
TranService ChargeLift Charge
Tran_HidingHide
TranBlock'Statement Block
TranDepositDeposit
TranMonthly DepositDeposit
TranOthers

Here I have used a pick and WildMatch function and its working

But the problem is I have 6lacks records with  30 Descriptions and Some Description coming into the same category,

My expression is:

=pick(WildMatch(Description,'Delivery','Post','Pending','Service','Statement','*Service Charge','*_Hiding','Block','Deposit','Monthly Deposit','* *'),'Delivery',Post','Post','UnderService','Lift Charge','Lift Charge','Hide','Statement Block','Deposit','Deposit')

This is working, but the problem is here I should repeat all repeated Same Category in pick values for matching different Description.

please suggest a way how to match multiple Descriptions with one pick value

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Gopi

7 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Use ApplyMap() method to resolve this.

Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi thirumala,

thanks for the reply,

but here the problem is there is no Category field, Category is an expression result.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Do you want this on the script side or on the front end ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

Kindly do mapping load for Description and categoy,

and

load the table Trantype, Description and

use the applymap for getting category

thanks

Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I Thirumala,

I was tried using apply map but it didn't give exactly what I want, that's why I am going front side.

if you know any way please suggest me, if its back script or front side no problem.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Please go thru the attachment:

Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Yogaraj,

Thanks for the reply

Here I put the example data, original data Description is coming with different strings with different symbols. that's why I should write WildMatch.So if any word matching in Description it's coming with one category,

and the client gives only Category names what we pick that matching words in Description. They didn't give Category Field.

Capture.PNG

Here if Description coming with  *Lift Charge*  we should display that category is Charges, like that I want.