Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get previous day data in a data set

Hi Guys,

I have a serious issue with getting last day production data of my production data set. I need to compare today production qty with last day production qty. It may be yesterday or last day that production department worked.

For example, After a vacation period i need to compare the today production data with the day before vacation starts(last production date).

Please... help...

-- Damitha.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Damitha,

Please check this post : How to show yesterday's data by selecting today?

Set analysis will achieve this for you.

Charlie

avinashelite

to get the second last you could try with the MAX(Date,2) this will give the second last day

MAX(Date,1) this will give the max date in your data set

Hope this helps you

Or
MVP
MVP

Keep in mind that your comparison data may be excluded (you have selected today, but want to see values from last week for comparison). In this case, you will have to add set analysis to ignore the current selection in your Max() statement, e.g.

Max({1} Date,2)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This will only get the second newest day of all the days, is it right?

arusanah
Creator II
Creator II

try something like this to get previous data:

count({< MonthYear={$(='"'&concat(distinct date(Addmonths

(MonthYear,-Getselectedcount(MonthYear)) ,'MMM-YYYY') ,'","') &'"')} >} Identifier])

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

Thank for the prompt reply. I tried with the formula but didn't work...?

It works for the formula Max(ProductionOutDate,1) but didnt work for fromula Max(ProductionOutDate,2).

Capture.PNG

avinashelite

Try to add a =before the Max() and try again. if your still not able to get the results please share the sample app will check and help  you out