Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get total at the bottom for calculated dimension

I have a calculated dimension FTE i need to get Total at the bottom of the pivot chart ? i have used aggregation function could any one of you suggest me how do i get total for calculated dimension?

DepartmentFTEHoursClient
Management20109
Creative302550.25
Media2830-
Operations260.292226
Planning40.6412-
Technology91.8213225.5
Total112310.75
15 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi revathi, can you post your expression? most probably you are using a field without aggregation and it has a different value per Department.

Also, if this is a straight table check, in the expressions tab, if that particular expression has cheched the 'Without Totals' option in the 'Total Mode' options group

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to Chart Poperties-> Prsentaion and select the first dimention and click the check box "Show Partial Sums".

Hope this will help ...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

Let me take a simple example  Sales1 i have used in calculated dimension   aggr(sum(sales),Region)

Sales2 i have used in the expression SUM(Sales).  i am using pivot table and have checked show partial sum option , it will give partial sum for all the expression values but not for the Calculated expression.

Region     Sales1      Sales2

North        100           100

South        200           200

West         300          300

Total          -              600         

Not applicable
Author

Hey Subaraja,

That would not help because it will only give partial sum for expression values not for the Calculated Dimension values.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A dimension is not summable. If you want a sum you will need to show Sales1 as an expression, not a dimension.

The Aggr() expression you have for Sales1 is identical to Sales2 {Sum(sales)}, so perhaps you should explain what you are trying to achieve.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rubenmarin

Hi revathi, aggr() returns multiple values, you need to enclose that function in an aggregation function like Sum() to tell QV what to do with all those values, so your expression can be:

Sum(aggr(sum(sales),Region))

And as Jonathan said this should be an expression, not a dimension.

Not applicable
Author

go to presentation in your pivot and use total on last row  but you can use straight table i think it will work with you

or normal table and use the sum inside the dimension page and type it inside the comment =sum(FTE)

or you can use a variable and store the summation value and use it in your table .

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jonathan it was just an example

i have requirement in a way where we should be able to see total of a Calculated dimension. i just wanted to make sure that whether it can be summable or not

Not applicable
Author

yeah Ruben as per requirement i had to use the value in calculated dimension not in expression so i was not able to get total at the bottom