Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get two different month dimensions on X axis?

Hello everyone,

I have two line charts of Open and Closed positions by month. Both charts have two different months as the dimension.

I want to merge the charts by taking only one month as dimension and giving two expressions for open and closed positions.

The problem is, whichever charts month I use as dimension in the merged chart, the other charts expression gives wrong count.

Eg. If I use Open Positions charts' dimension in the merged chart then the trend of closed positions give wrong count.

Please help, I want the charts to be merged for having a comparision monthly trend view of it.

Thanks in Advance,

Pratik

4 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

You can create a master calendar in your data model and then use matercalendar 's month field as dimension.

there are many threads in community where you can get the idea to create and use master calendar..

HTH

Sushil

Not applicable
Author

"I have two line charts of Open and Closed positions by month. Both charts have two different months as the dimension." -- Are you using different "month fields" for both the charts??

are u  using different month fields ?

If not then keep only 1 month field . And try... if still the same problem persists please share any sample data or sample .qvw file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Snehaleela,

Yes I am using two different month fields thats the reason wrong data gets displayed.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You cannot solve this without modifying the data model. It's not possible to combine two date dimensions in a chart into one dimension for the x-axis. You'll need to create a new month field in the script that links to your Open and Closed months. Can you post a document with some data so we can look at your data model and show you a solution?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand