Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pranaview
Creator III
Creator III

How to give User an option to restrict the data for the whole app based on a Date

Hi All,

Requirement: User wants a button like toggle where they can limit the data to last 6 months and then can again switch back to the whole data set using the same button/text object.

What I did: I created a Flag to identify the data which falls under Last 6 month range and created a button and used an Action - "Select in Field". This works smoothly on my desktop but the moment the app gets published on access point, the button becomes useless.I have read about triggers not working on access point so i think this why the button doesn't work.

Other option is to create a variable based conditional expressions but since i have lots and lots of sheet objected where I will have to do this, i was wondering if there is any work around or any other way to implement this.

This is quite an urgent requirement from the user, so, any help or suggestion would be great.

Thanks,

Pranav 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pranaview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Brett,

I had actually used the same approach which you have suggested. One button to select Flag value to restrict the data to 6 months which i am hiding on click and showing "Clear" button in place of it. But the reason why it was not working in access point was the use of quotations i.e. '1' to select the value for Flag in the Action tab of the button. I removed the quotations and just entered 1 and it started working in access point. Although '1' worked fine in my desktop but did not in access point.

Thanks for your response!

Pranav

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

AFAIK only OnOpen trigger doesnt work on Ajax client. Others should work. I would investigate if some other trigger is interfering with yours.

Alternatively

Why not use your flag as the filter?

e.g. Last 6 Months Flag - values will be Y or null

User can just deselect it.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Pranav, in addition to Dilip's post, you could use two buttons here with conditional show such only one of them shows at a time and one does your selection to lock it down to the last 6 months whereas the other one does a ClearAll action.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
pranaview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Brett,

I had actually used the same approach which you have suggested. One button to select Flag value to restrict the data to 6 months which i am hiding on click and showing "Clear" button in place of it. But the reason why it was not working in access point was the use of quotations i.e. '1' to select the value for Flag in the Action tab of the button. I removed the quotations and just entered 1 and it started working in access point. Although '1' worked fine in my desktop but did not in access point.

Thanks for your response!

Pranav