cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjeeva_279
Contributor
Contributor

How to hide/show sheets tab based on "Winodws AD Group" in QlikView

How to hide/show sheets tab based on Winodws AD Group-i want to show or hide a note based on "WinodwsAD Group"

i tried to achive solution using Particular user(by user) ,but when i am trying to give OSUser() as AD Group name it's not working.

my intension is not to do any manual work like adding users and groups at DB Level ,like to give access based on AD group

i want to add all my users to two AD Groups like to enalbe show or hide condition based on AD Group,thanks

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to specify things as Domain\User or Domain\Group when using OSUser() function, just providing the Group name will not likely work from what I recall.  The other potential issue here could be how you have setup security such that QVServer has no idea of the Groups potentially.  Those are the only two things of which I can think of at the moment.  Is the QVWS resource using NTLM for Authentication method and is QVServer Security set to use NTFS or DMS?

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.