Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to implement AND logic in QV Calendar Obj for multiple Date columns

Hi Friends,I have created 2 calendar objects to pick 'To' & 'From' dates for each distinct Date Type

What am I trying to do is .

I want the Users to chose type of date when they select 'To' & 'From' form the calendar object.

Example:

If user selects 'Shipping Date' as To:01/01/2016 & From:02/01/2016
Order Date as To:'2/1/2016' & From:2/29/2016,how to achieve this type of AND logic while filtering the Dates

Is there any possiblities to achieve with single Button Object to filter the Logic of Shipping Date and Order Date.

How to Clear the selections of Variables after Clearing the Button Object.

7 Replies
enriquem
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I think that you need to use the addMonth function to the 'To' value, and the MonthEnd function t the 'From' value.

Hope this help,

Regards.

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

I'm not getting where to add the AddMonth().

Is there any Possibilities to create a single expression like if

[Order Date] ='>='& DATE(vIssueStart)&'<='&DATE(vIssueEnd) ,ELSE  [Shipping Date] ),Thanks

enriquem
Creator
Creator

Yes, you can create a variable with this expression and the evaluate the variable with:

$(your_variable_name)

I let you an example about create the Qlikview variables and expressions.

Scaling Numbers and DSE Tips | Qlikview Cookbook

Regards.

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With use of Variable I need to build the Master calendar,i'm not looking in deep dive of analysis.

Is there any way to achieve the Filters for below cases:

case 1:Shipping Date :300 records b/w 01/01/2016 To:02/01/2016(mm/dd/yyyy)

case 2 :Order  Date :9  records b/w 02/01/2016 To:02/29/2016(mm/dd/yyyy)

Above Case 1 & 2 are filtering as expected.

If I make selections of both Shipping Date & Order Date simultaneously I'm not getting the results.

Plz help ho achieve the AND logic to filter both dates

case 3:Shipping Date :300 records b/w 01/01/2016 To:02/01/2016(mm/dd/yyyy)

enriquem
Creator
Creator

Ok, I think, that I'm understand you.

First you need to stop and think. Like i understand your model, you have a data set with 300 records, so the maximum that you can obtain it's 300.

Analysing your cases i will add you the next:

case 1:Shipping Date :300 records b/w 01/01/2016 To:02/01/2016(mm/dd/yyyy). YOU GET THE CORRECT RECORDS TO THIS FILTER

case 2 :Order  Date :9  records b/w 02/01/2016 To:02/29/2016(mm/dd/yyyy). YOU GET THE CORRECT RECORDS TO THIS FILTER

case 3:Shipping Date :300 records b/w 01/01/2016 To:02/01/2016(mm/dd/yyyy) LIKE YOU HAVE 300 MAXIMUM RECORDS, YOU WILL GET 300 RECORDS, SO THE 9 RECORDS OF THE 2ND CASE ARE INVOLVED IN THE RESULT. THIS IS SET THEORY, IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO OPERATE WITH SET MAYBE MUST REVIEW SOMETHING THAT CAN HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND FUTURE PROBLEMS OF SET.

Regards

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you look into the attached document, I have a total of 309 Records.

In case 1: As expected it is getting 300 records

case 2: 9 records as expected

case 3 : Expected to get all the 309 records

enriquem
Creator
Creator

Ok, and why you don't take the minimum date between Shipping and Order Date and then take the maximum date between the Shipping and Order Date and with this dates you calculate just one time the:

='>='& DATE(Min(S_O_Start))&'<='&DATE(S_O_End)

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.