Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to insert the Rupee symbol in qlik view

Hi Everyone,

I want to insert the Rupee symbol in table box or in chart properties or in any other table.The main problem I have faced is that I did not find the symbol. Please help me out from this problem,to insert the rupee symbol in any table or in the chart properties.

8 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Does this symbol have an ASCII code? If it does, you can use function CHR(nnn) to create any ASCII symbol.

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Oleg,

But it does not have any ASCII code,so how can I do this please guide me

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You could paste the Rs symbol from the Windows character map. There is a unicode character (0x20A8 or decimal 8360).

You can also hold the Ctrl key down and type Q, U, I (not the commas) which will open the QV unicode entry prompt. Type in the decimal unicode here.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Or as QlikView code:

= chr( num#( '20A8', '(hex)') )

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I think the rupee symbol र is changed recently and i am not sure about the ASCII code of this, but anyways, you can try and paste any symbol from the web as I did the same thing in the past for Euros and Czech currencies. Try copying the rupee symbol from here and paste it in the Currency format within the chart properties and  check. Please let us know if it works.

Thanks,

Andy

rbecher
MVP
MVP

You're right, the new designed Rupee curreny symbol is this:

= chr( num#( '20B9', '(hex)') )

This also shows how easy you can insert nearly every Unicode sign. Just google the code ...

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
devender
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

i have to add symbol 'i' which gives info about the expression in KPI.pls help