Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nguyenviethung
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to join table in this case?

Hi all Qlikers,

Below is my data model and let me explain my situation:

I get Trade program outlet-list (Table 1), which includes list of the outlets of certain programs. DiscusKey means the combination of Distributor and Customer.

Distributor sales-out (Table 2) is somehow like Sales order report by outlet (Customer). Distributor ID in this table links to the distributor structure (Table 3) to generate data by Area/Region/State....

model.PNG

The Table 1 includes 100 customers, for example, but not all of those purchased any product in one month, for example, let's say 90 of those 100 are in Table 2.

Then if i summarize sales by Trade program by Area/Region..., it only contains 90 customers appearing in table 2. This is fair.

The problem is: How to join table 1 and table 2 to answer questions like:

• How many outlets joined a certain trade program by Area/Region?
  • How many of them purchased?

Capture.PNG

The outlets which did not purchased (Total Sales = 0) does not belong to any Area/Region/Distributor .. with this way of linking Distributor structure. (I must link this way, Distributor Structure should not be linked directly to Table 1)

I attached the QS app so that you guys can help me in the script. I also read this article but can not solve:

Left ‒ Qlik Sense

Thank you and sorry if my English is not good. Anyone needs further explain please comment.

0 Replies