Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to join two seperate data sets together

We are trying to add sales goal information to our actual sales and budget information for each salesrep. Below is a sample image of the tables and relationships we are using:

QlikView Issue.jpg

The problem is if I join the Salesrep from the GoalTable to the Salesrep in the Financials table I get a circular reference error. In our ouptut we would like to display a table that contains the Total Dollar_Amount from the Finanicals Table and Goal_Amount from the GoalTable for each salesrep (example below)

Salesrep             Total_Amount          Goal_Amount

Salesrep A                      $50.00                   $200.00

Salesrep B                      $75.00                   $500.00

How can I link or display this information together? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You may want to consider putting the financial, budget and goal data in one table. See this blog post and the technical document attached to it for more information.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You may want to consider putting the financial, budget and goal data in one table. See this blog post and the technical document attached to it for more information.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Or use IF-statements.

Load the sales_rep -field with different name in Financials and Goal table.

Dimension:

goal_sales_rep

Expression:

Total_Amount

SUM(IF(goal_sales_rep = financials_sales_rep, Dollar_Amount, 0))

Goal Amount

SUM(Goal_Amount)

It won't be as fast as linking the tables together, but will work i hope.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

better you can create star schema ,supose i ahve two tables and both tables are having same slecting dimensions ,

you can cancatenate both the table and connected to comman calendar,it will be better for you,other wise you can give association between two tables,if you have any dout let me know or please provide test data.

REGARDS

SHAIK