Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II

How to know which qvd is using by which dashboard

Hello Experts,

There are around 500 dashboards in my server. The database team done few changes. There are around 20 qvd's which are fetching data from that database. So the corresponding dashboards will be effected. I have to know which dashboards are using these 20 qvds. I can't open and see all 500 dashboards to find it. Can anyone please help me if there is any easy way to find which dashboards are using these specific qvd's.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raju

Labels (1)
6 Replies
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

You could use the Governance Dashboard to get this information on the Lineage tab it shows the QVDs and upon selecting one it will show processes (QVW) are using that QVD.

HTH

Regards

Adrian

raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your quick response.

Can you please help me where/how to get the Governance dashboard and how can I use it to get the information.

Regards,

Raju

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Raju, just adding the Help link for the Governance Dashboard and confirming it is available on the download site where you get your other Qlik install packages, shout if you do not have access, but I am pretty sure you likely do.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/Content/What.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Brett, Thanks for your response. I downloaded the governance dashboard and I can access it. Can you please send me any link which can help me to understand, how to use the governance dashboard. Regards, Raju
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Raju, that is the link I provided in the prior post, but here it is again, this is the full Help content, but the app does have pretty decent documentation inside it as well regarding, but the Help link should fill in any gaps....

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/Content/What.htm

You really cannot break things here, it is just an app, so if something goes wrong, you can just clear out the QVD files it creates etc. and reset things and run it again until you manage to get everything the way you want it, then things will automatically incrementally load from the logs, so the first load is going to take some time, but the subsequent updates will run pretty quickly, as they are only loading the deltas.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.