Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to load data which is json formate in Sql server

Hi All,

I have data in sql server in that one field is in json formate so how to load data into to Qlikview and how i saparate json formate data in Qlikview.

Regards,

Chandini.G

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi petter,

Thanks for your response.

My data is in sql server not in web so how i saparate those data.

Thanks,

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you are accessing your SQL Server via HTTP protocol that should work well even though the server is not "on the web" it would be exactly the same except that the URL points to a server that is only available internally in the organisation/business.

JSON itself is not dependent on transport mechanism. It is purely a data-format - but is often coupled with REST which is based on HTTP as a transport. Hence the name JSON REST API. If the data is already available directly from some table in SQL Server you might not need a full JSON REST API only the JSON parsing that pull out the relevant data for you into tables and columns/fields.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You might even use a Macro which runs a JScrpit (Microsofts JavaScript) to do the parsing. JSON - stands for JavaScript Object Notation. So basically any small JavaScript could be able to parse out the values you are looking for. A JScript function in a Module/Macro is possible to call from a LOAD SCRIPT.