Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to loop 6 months in pivot table based on application

Hi all

i am using pivot table for getting the no.of users for each application

i have nearly 35 application with 3 particulars for each application i have to show no.of users for last 6 months

some thing like

application name     particulars    12/2/2016  11/2/2016 10/2/2016 ..............

no.of users                 10              15           6

Wisdom            total no.of users          100         120             40

training requests         0           1                     5

30 applications

so i taken application name and particulars as dimension and

expression if(application='Wisdom' and Particular='no.of users' ,count({<Date={"$(vToday)"}>}userid))     for today(3 if statements for each application  1.no.of users,2.total no.of users ,3. training requests)

$(vYesturday)                  for yesterday and so on

$(vPrevious2)                  for day before yesturday  

writing this expression(total 180 expressions) for 6 months is very difficult  so is their any way to loop it for 6 months

and also how to sort  applications based on user selection(a to z or z to a)

please help me

regards,

mahesh

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear to me what do you want to do. If you used a date-dimension - maybe restricted with: if(date >= today() -180, date) - you could simply use a single expression with a count() and without set analysis.

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Like Marcus_Sommer I don't see why you can't use dimensions and just three expressions. Can you explain the problem with that?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus

i am attaching qvw and xl which i need like that

i tried with conditional available in expression tab still it is showing like attached

plz help me

regards,

Mahesh

marcus_sommer

For me it's not clear what should be the result - qvw and xls are identical.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In qvw for Application IPR it is showing both ipr count and bgcg count and also for Application BGCG it is showing both ipr count and bgcg count i want to have ipr count only for application ipr and bgcg count only for application bgcg

in the above xl for bgcg s.no is 2

regards,

mahesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi wassenaar thanks for your response

please go through the above attachments

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Not sure what you are trying to do?  When I check your data model there is join/relation between Application and other tables, there should be some relation.  Can you attach your raw data and your expected output, so that it is easier to understand and help you.

Regards,

jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

thanks for your reply i attached the qvw and expected output in excel please go through that

In qvw for Application IPR it is showing both ipr count and bgcg count and also for Application BGCG it is showing both ipr count and bgcg count i want to have ipr count only for application ipr and bgcg count only for application bgcg

in the above xl for bgcg s.no is 2

marcus_sommer

Then you need only one expression with an appropriate condition like:

If(Application = 'IPR', count(IPR_ID), Count(BGCG_ID))

See also the attachment.

- Marcus