Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make a Variable constant for a certain time aka fix it

Hello everyone,

I'd like to fix a variable with a quiet simple Expression, sth like

"=if (Max(VersandsCentroidsY)>max(EmpfangsCentroidsY), max(VersandsCentroidsY),max(EmpfangsCentroidsY)) "

This calculated my max value for my Y coordinates, but I have 3 others looking like this. The problem is the following:

When I push a button I what to have the variable to calculat this value and to hold it until I push again (or whatever fancy action).

This should be used to fix the area on my map I can see and whatever I will choose the mapcut should not change. This is already tested with constant values.

Thanks,

tuffelchen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thank you but this didn't help. I found a solution by adding a Bookmark and replacing the Bookmark with one buttom klick. So my calculation has always a {mybookmark} in it. With this I solved the Problem correctly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are pressing the button, create an External - Set Variable  button action to set the new variable to the required value.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you but this didn't help. I found a solution by adding a Bookmark and replacing the Bookmark with one buttom klick. So my calculation has always a {mybookmark} in it. With this I solved the Problem correctly.