Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make a new selection over a current selection that does not overwrite the current selection?

Problem 1:

I have 2 fields and 1 expression in a straight table:

ProductID     Colour     sum(Price)

1                    Blue        $15.80

2                    Red         $16.00

3                    Yellow     $12.50

4                    Yellow     $10.20

5                    Green     $10.00

6                    Blue        $20.80

7                    Blue        $15.00

8                    Yellow     $21.50

9                    Green     $12.20

10                  Red         $9.00

I make my first selection - Product 1,2,3.

Now, I want to make additional selections - Product 8,9,10 - on top of this. i.e.

My new net selections should be: Product 1,2,3,  8,9,10.

i.e. I want my previous selections (Product 1,2,3) to be preserved and not overwritten when I make my new selection (Product 8,9,10).

How can I best do this?

Other information: I know bookmarks can preserve selections, but they seem to overwrite current selections in the fields that the bookmark has keep information on.

Problem 2:

Iis there a way to do multiple selections in a straight table just by clicking on the items (as opposed to selecting them from he drop-down list)?

Thank you for your help.

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hold down the Ctrl key when making the second set of selections.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob.

This works in the drop-down list (at header of straight table), but not if I click items directly on the table.

Thanks anyway!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just curious. How can you select a new set of values from a straight table that already has selections? Wouldn't the table reflect only show the selected values? Or are you keeping them all exposed with a {1} set?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Yeah that's what I am trying to do, but am unable to. Because without holding Ctrl, the new selections overwrite the old ones instead of 'adding on' to the total selections.