Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to 'minimize' chart's legend

Hello,

I have an issue with a chart. The dimension is a cycle group, and on 'Country', the legend takes a lot of space from the chart. It is any possibility to 'minimize' the legend, or to create a drop-down menu with those ?

chart.JPG

Thanks!

4 Replies
daniel_kusiak
Creator II
Creator II

Ctrl+Shift will allow you to resize the legend. From what i know you can't minimize the legend. You can only chose to not show it.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Claudia,

to my knowledge there is no possibility. You can change the size of the space reserved for the legend (by hitting Ctrl+Sh inside the charting area) but I think you cannot minimize it - not like that anyway.

What you can do is, you can deactivate the legend and just create the same list yourself, along with the colours - a bit of work of course, but you can create a listbox with the colours alongside the labels for ex. And then you can design that any way you want.

HTH

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Press the CTRL and SHIFT keys at the same time. You'll see red outlines around the chart elements like the legend. You can then resize the legend. You can also disable the legend and use a multibox and add the cycle group to it. Users can then use the multibox to select items.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Ok. I was able to put it in the right vertically, and now the chart is more visible.

Thank you for your answers!