Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to obtain the url string?

Hello,

For some background on my issue see here: http://community.qlik.com/message/126265

I would basically like to parse the url string to gather parameters that I will use for field selections. 

I have been unsuccessful in obtaining the url string, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks!

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Just wanted to bump this, anyone know how to store the url string for parsing in QlikView?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the QVW documnet create a variable tabname as an example from Menu -> Settings -> Variable Overview.

So while passing any value to pass any value to this variable from url, create the url as

qvp://servername/applicationname.qvw?tabname=abc

In the application us just refer the variable name tabname to fetch the value that passed in url.

Please try and let me know still didnt get solved your issue.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Hi BlackRockS

could you please put some example code so that it is more clear what is

"In the application us just refer the variable name tabname to fetch the value that passed in url."

Thanks a lot.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you need to have your url like this:

qvp://servername/url.qvw?tabname=2

and also please find the attached sample application as requested.

Not applicable
Author

That worked. The secret is the qvp:// protocol.

I have made some tests with the ajax, using the select= syntax but it select the field (the box changes its color to a selected color) but it does not select the content I wanted.

Any idea on how ajax would work? How could I select a field´s value?

thanks again

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sorry Macros still wont work properly or at all in Ajax. If you want you can first try in IE plug-in and let me know if you need further help on this.

But Ajax with Macro sorry i cant help.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help BlackRock your solution answers my origonal question(http://community.qlik.com/thread/30237) but I am using ajax and hoping to access the url string, does anyone have any ideas?  Is it even possible to get the url string?

Not applicable
Author

Hi BlackRock,

I have a situation where in i need to pass the Input Parameter from the URL (Query String) to the stored procedure and bind the dashboard.

Ex: www.google.com/ID=4

I am trying to access the above ID field in a variable and then pass to the Stored Procedure as

sql exec sproc $(ID);

I am facing issues to access the query string value and also to bind a variable to the stored procedure dynamically instead of declaring as $(ID)=1.

Please let me know if you find any solutions.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna

Not applicable
Author

Hi BlackRockS:

When I use qvp://... to open the qvw, it will be give me a error massage,look like the following:

failed to open document

How can I resolve the problem?

Thanks/peach