Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to only change symbol color based upon rules?

Hi Experts in the community,

I wanted to change the color of symbol (not the line) based upon some rules. I can change the symbol's color, but the color of the line after the symbol  is also changed. This is not what I wanted.

It is easy to change color by comparing two data point on the same x value. The challenge is how to change color by comparing several data points in a row. For example >= 6 points above or below the center line, trends of  >=6 points in a row increasing or decreasing . I want the symbol at these data points to be red. Please refer to the chart in attachment for detail.

Thanks

Longmatch

Nothong cannot be done in Qlikview

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Create two identical expressions in your line chart.  For one of them, use display option line, and for another symbol.  For the symbol version, use conditional background color (see attribute expresions) according to your rules, whatever the rules may be.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Create two identical expressions in your line chart.  For one of them, use display option line, and for another symbol.  For the symbol version, use conditional background color (see attribute expresions) according to your rules, whatever the rules may be.

Regards,

Michael