Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasannarc_jbs2
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to open Pdf file in Qlikview document

Hello Folks,

Is there any setting we need to make in Internet Service Manager to open the pdf file on Accesspoint / AJAX client.

I am able to open the pdf files on my desktop qlikview application but on Access point it is giving me an error.

Is it because Adobe reader is not installed on Server or do we need to make any other setting inside IIS on server?

Many Thanks,

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you using a button click event to open the pdf in your desktop app?

prasannarc_jbs2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Kiruthi,

I am using a text object and on event (Open Url) trying to open the pdf documents present on the Windows server.

Thanks!

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, what error do you have,

do you have any pdf tool in the server?

prasannarc_jbs2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Fernando,

I am getting below error while accessing through Accesspoint.. On Qlikview desktop it is working fine.

" Failed to Launch ..\..\Common\Training\Inventory.pdf"

Also Adobe reader or any other pdf reader tool is not install on server.

As an alternative, I am planning to keep those pdf's on different server but wondering why it is not working on the server I want them to run properly.

Thanks,

Prasanna

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

see this example, you cant open pdf via acces point, you will have to create an action an open pdf

see this example

tell me if you need something

prasannarc_jbs2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Fernando,

I am getting the below error.  I like your idea but there are some security constraint due to which we cannot use this approach.  Thank you Untitled.png

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Pherhaps, your adobe is block something, try this

Adobe Reader 10.0 is installed in a protected mode. One of the features of the secure mode is:

• Cannot open PDF files whose source is DFS or NFS: PDF files in shared locations on a distributed  or networked file system (DFS/NFS) cannot be opened. Attempting to open such a file results in an error opening this document. Access denied."

The solution is to disable protected mode by completing the following steps:

1. Within Adobe Reader, go to Edit > Preferences > General and deselect Enable Protected Mode at startup.
  2. Restart Reader.

For more information, refer to the following Adobe KB article:http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/860/cpsid_86063.html

if you dont reach a solution, see this post:

How to open files from Qlikview Access Point

how help! Fernando

mr_ramshini
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

If we have a pdf file that your sample is be useful but when we have several pdf files i don't know that i must do it?

thanks