Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How to pass parameters into a Variable

Hi,

I've just posted a new blog entry with a tutorial showing how you can pass parameters into variables.

This opens up a number of opportunities for code re-use, and allows code to be tidied up - particularly in the load script.

Examples are given of how you can use this technique to convert and format dates in your load script.

There is also a full example of how you can create a variable that allows you to calculate the number of working days between two dates, excluding weekends and public holidays.  This variables uses the NetworkDays function, and takes a list of public holidays from a spreadsheet, so it can be updated without having to modify the code.

Please see this post for details:

http://bit.ly/1tspB7A

Please let me know in the comments on that post if you have any questions, or further ideas how that technique can be applied.

Steve

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Article some kind interesting.

Q) I have two graphs, I want to store those two graphs into two Variables is that possible?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

You can not put the graph into a variable, but you can the expression that drives it. This is generally more than half of the battle.