Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to plot a line chart with Multiple Y Axis values for the same X-Axis Value

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to plot multiple values on Y Axis for a single X Axis value. This is for a line chart. Please let me know how is this possible ? If not possible by line chart then what other chart I should use ?

I am attaching the sample data too.

I will really appreciate your help.

Regards

Ajay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

as you do have multiple cumulative_arc_rate values per date but only one date per cumulative_arc_rate value you could as well switch expression and dimension and use horizontal orientation instead:

QlikCommunity_Thread_213009_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_213009_Pic5.JPG

or using examples I already created before your last reply:

Avg, Min and Max:

QlikCommunity_Thread_213009_Pic1.JPG

Avg with error bars

QlikCommunity_Thread_213009_Pic4.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ajay,

Could you please provide an example about how you want to display the data.

Regards,

-- Karla

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karla,

Attaching the screenshot. This is generated in R and I have to make exactly the same in Qlikview.

Thanks for looking into it.

Regards

Ajay

MarcoWedel

Hi,

you could use an aggregation function like Avg() to get one expression value per dimension value.

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marco,

As per the requirement - no aggregation function is allowed. They want to see all the points w.r.t a X-Axis value. That was the first thing I offered to the business user - Avg or Max or Min.

Thanks

Ajay

MarcoWedel

Hi,

as you do have multiple cumulative_arc_rate values per date but only one date per cumulative_arc_rate value you could as well switch expression and dimension and use horizontal orientation instead:

QlikCommunity_Thread_213009_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_213009_Pic5.JPG

or using examples I already created before your last reply:

Avg, Min and Max:

QlikCommunity_Thread_213009_Pic1.JPG

Avg with error bars

QlikCommunity_Thread_213009_Pic4.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ajay,

Yes, you can do it by using line chart for both. For the first you can use BEAM_Arcrate_Arccounter.date as your dimension and an expression like the following:

=max(BEAM_Arcrate_Arccounter.cumulative_arc_rate)

The second chart should be something similar, the difference is that you must add two expressions instead of one. Please refer to the attached file. Just, that for the second chart is not really clear the calculation so the one I added are just a dummy example.

Hope it helps

-- Karla

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karla,

I am using personal edition so I can't view your .qvw file 😞 . And I can't use any aggregation function like max or avg or min. It is required to plot all the values on Y axis.

Thanks

Ajay

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marco,

First plot in your reply is the one which I need ? How did you make that one ? Unfortunately I can't open your qvw file as I am using personal edition.

Regards

Ajay

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco,

When I tried to switch expression and dimension and use horizontal orientation, I got this . It doesn't show the dates too. What am I doing wrong ? If you see the X- Axis it doesn't even show the dates , it shows something else.