Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to plot more than one point for each dimension value on the x axis of a line chart?

Hi

I'm using Qlikview to analyse the results of analytical samples. Each delivery is sampled, eg. for moisture and protein. I'm trying to plot the results as points on a chart to show the trend over time. The x axis has days, y moisture values. On some days there are more than one delivery. I'd like the chart to plot one point for each of the results on the day. Unfortunately, it displays no points.

Many thanks for any suggestions

Simon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks to the above for stimulating a solution.  For the dates where I had several values, I had to aggregate the results - showing a high, avg and low bar.  I could not plot the individual values but this was sufficient.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Simon,

What kind of charts are you using? And what is your Expression?
If you can share the Qlikview document here please do, it makes it easier to answer.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Simon.

Do you already have a chart on your mind?

I think you could use a scatter chart (maybe as a bubble chart). You could the Delivery (number, ID, code) as dimension and moisture and days as expressions

In other charts you would have to aggregate the results (avg moisture or even sum, if it makes sense).

As the other post said, some sample data, images or sample app can help us understand your problem

Rgds,

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I agree with using a scatter chart as it can mimic a line chart but isn't constrained to a single Y value for each X value. See attached example. There are multiple values plotted for many of the X-axis values. The line goes straight up in that case.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to the above for stimulating a solution.  For the dates where I had several values, I had to aggregate the results - showing a high, avg and low bar.  I could not plot the individual values but this was sufficient.