Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to prevent auto drill down when there is only one option to select?

data:

LOAD * INLINE [

ID,CAT,ProductId,Amt

2123,Group,a,10

2445,Group,b,10

3455,Group,c,10

2345,Group,d,10

] ;

I have a drill down group created for the about data on ID,CAT and ProductId.

I have a list box created for this drill down group. When I make a selection for ID, it skips to the ProductId as there is only one selection that I can make for CAT. I know this is normal behavior. Instead of this, Can I force the list  box to show options irrespective of how many values were available?

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could consider using a cycle group.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

don´t with a group.

Add a calculated dimension with this expression.

=If(GetSelectedCount(Country)<>1,

'Country',

If(GetSelectedCount(State)<>1,

'State',

'City'

)

)

So, if the user select in any other field, the condition is false and don´t change.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

Calculated Dimension:

=If(GetSelectedCount(ID) = 0 AND GetSelectedCount(CAT) = 0 AND GetSelectedCount(ProductId) = 0, ID,

If(GetSelectedCount(ID) > 0 AND GetSelectedCount(CAT) = 0 AND GetSelectedCount(ProductId) = 0,  CAT, ProductId))

Expression:

=Sum(Amt)

Provide filters for ID, CAT and ProductId, if users selects values from filters it works as expected, if users click on the bars then it will not work as expected.  This is the default behavior of Qlikview, so you can make the chart as Read Only to restrict the clicking on Bars by using

Chart Properties -> General -> Read Only

Please find attached file for solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Honestly, it is so annoying that we have to come up with workarounds so auto drill in doesn't occur.  The biggest aggravation of QlikSense is how much time it takes for tiny adjustments to the visualizations.  Do they expect companies to spend 10s of thousands of dollars of salary and QA time so something doesn't auto drill in?!?!?!  How ridiculous.  And the formula does work is such a basic example, but when you have to choose between aggregations and there are different children among parents, then you have to come up with something more advanced.