Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to provide section access to tabs within an application?

Hello-

I have an application with a detail tab of sensitive information that only needs to be reviewed by one person.

We are using AD groups for authorizing users but I need to lock down access to one tab to one user.

Does anyone have suggestions for solving this? I'd prefer applying access through the load script, if possible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can do it in a different way, without any additional fields.

If you use NTNAME for authentication, the condition will be OSUser() = '<windows id of that user>'

If you use USERID for authentication, the condition will be QVUser() = '<login id of that user>'

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to properties of the sheet.

Change the show sheet from always to Conditional.

Bring in a new Flag field from section access which will have value 1 for the user who can see this sheet. for other users this should be 0.

set a condition Flag=1

Hope this will help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak

Not applicable
Author

Hey Kuldeep-

I added a field called 'FLAG' to my section access table and entered a value of 1 for the user who should see the detail tab I need hidden from all other users.

When I set the condition of the sheet to FLAG=1 , the person who needs the information is not able to see the tab in Accesspoint. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for the help.

Joseph

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can do it in a different way, without any additional fields.

If you use NTNAME for authentication, the condition will be OSUser() = '<windows id of that user>'

If you use USERID for authentication, the condition will be QVUser() = '<login id of that user>'