Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to publish my .qvd

Hi,

I am trying to deploy my qvd from local machine to server. I copied the file to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\SourceDocuments. I wa able to see the document in QEMC and created a task to reload. It worked. Again, I copied same file to a new folder and mounted it. Also, I deleted the old file at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\SourceDocuments.

1) Why I am still getting two options for same document in User Documents and access point as well?

Untitled.png

2) What is the correct way to deploy .qvw and where am I wrong?

3) What is Orphan folder?

Thanks a lot!

Mayank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was able to rectify it. There was a copy created under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents. I deleted this copy. Now only one instance is shown and my file is mounted as well.

Thanks a lot!

Mayank

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi Mayank,

before deleting the file from your source folder, first delete the task associated with file from QEMC.

After that delete that file and associated file from the source folder.

Then try to copy fresh file and make a new task...

Make it correct Answer if your problem is solved

its_anandrjs

Hi Mayank,

You need to check all preference of the old files related info in the Management Console. Because a binary format is still present there i suggest check the old task list as well before creating new one and check your files and old task name also if it is present there remove it.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anand!

Task list is empty. I deleted old task. There are no task relating my .qvw. Still duplicate was showing up.

I deleted .qvw from mounted folder and kept one at \\SourceDocuments. Now I am able to see one document both at  QEMC and Accesspoint!

Whereshould I keep my .qvw file? At \\SourceDocument ot \\Mounted folder?What is difference between these?

Keeping file only at \\Mounted folder is not working.

I want my file in mounted folder, not in \\SourceDocument for better categorization.

Regards,

Mayank

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Always keep your *.Qvw file in the SourceDocument folder and create a task a Managment console  automatically create a file at mounting location when you reload and deploy it and a binary file is come here at mount folder that is the difference.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

I was able to rectify it. There was a copy created under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents. I deleted this copy. Now only one instance is shown and my file is mounted as well.

Thanks a lot!

Mayank

Not applicable
Author

Had the same problem. There was a duplicate file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents

After deleting it the duplicate file was gone from the mounting point.

Thanks!

Renco

its_anandrjs

Hi Mayank,

Thats nice i suggest you that always check files and folders where ever if duplicate copies are present it will display to you. If you having any problem share problems hope you got Helpful / Correct answer from this if so mark it correct or Helpful so other can see it.

Rgds

Anand