Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to register the qlikview license on runtime

Hi All,

How to register for the qlikview license on run time so that when I want to deploy in the end user system where there is no license installed it will not ask for the user to enter the license.

I tried with these three methods but it failed.According to the qlikview team I need to call SetRegEx() before calling any other QlikOCX1 function.

Hope my question is understandable and some one will be there to help me out.

Private Sub SetRegEx()
QlikOCX1.SetRegistration "1234 5678 9123 4567", "12345"
End Sub
Private Sub Command1_Click()
QlikOCX1.OpenDocument App.Path + "\OCX.qvw", "", ""
End Sub
Private Sub Command2_Click()
QlikOCX1.ActiveDocument.Reload
End Sub

Private Sub SetRegEx()
End Sub
Call SetRegEx
End Sub
End Sub

Private Sub SetRegEx()
End Sub
End Sub
End Sub
Private Sub Form_Load()
Call SetRegEx
End Sub

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rikab,
i've same question, do you have found any answer?
Thank you, Regards.
corrado

Not applicable
Author

Hello Corrado,

I am happy to help you out!

You need to compile the source code in a non qlikview system where there is no license installed. When you add the OCX component in to your windows application it will ask for the license there you need to provide QOCXE license there then compile the source. Once this is done integration is done and you are ready to open the document any where and even in a non qlikview system.

I hope I have answered you! If you not feel free to get back to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Rikab,

Can you tell me what is QOCXE license,

And the difference between QOCXE license and Qlikview license(QVA QVA+ QVE QVP)

Not applicable
Author

Hi zhujichao,

QOCXE is required to integrate the qlikview document to the third party application.

Sorry! I don't have any idea what is the difference between QOCXE and the one which you have mentioned.

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rikab,

Kaunsa third party tool use kar rahai ho ap? for example, VB ki jub ap application deploy karogai tu installation kai waqt khud hee OCX copy ho jaiga.

Regards,
Shumail Hussain

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shumail,

Yes that true! But I think you need to compile the desktop application in a unlicensed machine as it will ask for the license and during that case you need to enter the QOCXE license. Then only OCX will be copied automatically.

Correct me if I am wrong!

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

OK I understand you mean we have to have a license key for OCX file. I think for the desktop user authentication this OCX should be getting input from QlikView Administration Console, just like in web. If your user conected to the server network then it should work.

You need to concern this with your vendor for details.

Regards,
Shumail Hussain

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shumail,

I am not too sure what you are talking about. But this is how I did when I wanted to integrate the qlikview document with our desktop application. One I had given the required license I was able to open the document where that integrated application has been installed.

I don't have much experience in QlikView Administration Console and connecting the document through the network.

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Can you tell me which third party tool you are using? and In the current senario, do you need to input the license key everytime / at once at the user end?

plus is your integrated application present on qlikview server / development?

Shumail