Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove loosely coupled keys!

Hi All,

There are several loosely coupled keys in our data model. I don't have any clue on how to avoid the same as I am not able to find where the circular loop is happening in my data model.

Can some one help me out how to find where the circular loop that is there in my data model and what i need to do to avoid the same.

error loading image

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Look at the bottom center of the diagram where you can see one table with two variable linking (looks like a Hook). I think this is where the circular loop is happening.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan,

Are you talking about the fsdivision table? It was added to avoid the synthetic key.

If you feel that is were the problem is then I am removing that table itself. Still there are many other loosely coupled keys persists in the data model.

Any idea where the circular loop is happening and how it can be removed.

By the way let me know how you got to know that fsdivision is creating the problem here.

Please do reply!

Many thanks for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Now, your circular loop is solved. Those links in the diagram with dotted links are the loosely coupled keys. I had faced this issue before but I don't remember how I solved that issue.

You can go to Settings/Document Properties/Tables and remove the tick marks on the loosely coupled. I don't know what will be the impact.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Please refer the QlikView reference manual for further explanation of circular reference and loosely coupled tables.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan,

So you mean to say that as both the variable of the table is dotted it is circular? Am I right? Then what is loosely couple then?

These days I thought that both the circular reference key and loosely coupled key are same only. Please explain!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Please read carefully!

The dotted is loosely coupled. The circular reference will have a Hook kind of linking - look at your first diagram bottom center.

Hope you are clear now.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan,

I am not clear till now. I am able to find which is loosely coupled by seeing the dotted line. But I am not able to figure out which is circular reference there. It will be better if you can highlight in that picture.

Also I am not able to find out the difference between loosely coupled and circular reference. It will be great if you can explain me the same.

Thanks for your effort!

Not applicable
Author

From your 1st Diagram

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan,

First of all sorry for the trouble which I giving to you.

Please explain how you are saying that there is a circular reference there. I am not able to find it out.