Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove loosely coupled keys!

Hi All,

There are several loosely coupled keys in our data model. I don't have any clue on how to avoid the same as I am not able to find where the circular loop is happening in my data model.

Can some one help me out how to find where the circular loop that is there in my data model and what i need to do to avoid the same.

error loading image

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Since you have already removed the circular reference, how can you see that now? Are you currently getting any circular reference error?

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan,

No I never got the circular reference error previously also. I got below error which is supposed to be for loosely coupled if I am right.

One or more loops have been detected in your database structure. Loops may cause ambiguous results and should therefore be avoided. QlikView will cut the loop(s) by setting one or more tables as loosely coupled. Settings for loosely coupled tables can be modified after script execution in the tables page of the document properties dialog.

As I said then only I got to know that there is circular reference loop. Though I am not able to find it out where it is there exactly!

For your reference I have copied the same snapshot which is there with circular loop for your reference.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Please ignore my earlier message on "circular referece".

The circular reference happens when you have many variables inter-linking between tables without an end. Some of the variables causing this are "fscode", "areacode", "subareacode", "poolcode" etc. Look at the diagram, check for "fscode" where it is starting the linking and where it is ending, then chek for any other variable is linking back to the same table.

Look at the diagram in detail - the "callindex" table is linking "fsmaster" table then linking "pooldetail" table with "fscode", then "pooldetail" table is linking "poolmaster" table with "poolcode", then "poolmaster" table is linking "fsmaster" table with "areacode" which is already linked with "callindex" table by "fascode". This link is not ending anywhere because the "fscode" in "fsmaster" will link back to "callindex" the linking repeats. This kind of linking is called "circular reference" since the inter-linking is keep on happening without an end to it.

Hope the above is good enough for you to understand. Don't ask me how to remove it - the removal is depended on how you want the end result.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sajeevan,

Sure I will look into it. Yes I know I can't ask you to remove the unwanted things as it has to be removed by me only.

I have facing some problem here regarding the interval match. Can give me some time of yours when you are free.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/31016.aspx

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/31125.aspx

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/31095.aspx

Thanks and in advance