Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove wild card symbol (*text*) from search Object

Hi,

When using search object in Qlikview, the wildcard charecter (**) appears whenever we type something.

Can anyone help , how to prevent the wild card charected (**) to appear automatically.

Thanks..

Paul

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Paul,

Go to the search object properties, and select "Use Normal Search" in the General tab, "Default Search Mode" drop down list, instead of the "<use default>" value.

You can change this setting for the whole document in the Settings menu, Document Properties, Presentation tab, changing likewise the value under "Default Search Mode".

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Paul,

I'm using version 10 of QlikView. I don't have right now version 9 available, but check the Document Properties to see whether you can change it there or not. Check the Presentation tab just in case this option has changed tab.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for ur qiuck response. Unfortunately,I am unable to find the option you mentioned to remove wild card from search object..! 😞

Any qlikview 9 user can help regarding this?

Thanks

Paul..

Not applicable
Author

hi,

did you tried looking at Document Properties -> Presentation tab as Muguel suggested?

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Hi BlackRock,

I even tried that too..!

But din't find any such options at Document Properties -> Presentation tab

Cheers..

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

by any chance will you be able to send me the Developer reference manual to check in that..

As i too running on QV10.

Cheers.