Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to save documents with "Selections"

I've noticed that when opening a big documnet with some selections (for example - sales of only 1 product) it opens much faster.

So the question is: How to save documents with some "Selections"?

As I understand, I open the documnet as developer, make some selections (2010, december, 1/10 product group, 1/7 region), with less data qlik workd much faster, now I save the document, but when I open it- the documnet opens on the same sheet, but with all selection.

I want the document to be open with the selections:2010, december, 1/10 product group, 1/7 region.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Just make your selections before saving.
Or minimize all graphs, which require a lot of calculation.

But - when you work with access-restriction on basis of some fields in your application, it will open without any filter, regardless, how you saved it. Here you might create a macro (triggered by open-event), which does the filtering.

HTH
Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Just make your selections before saving.
Or minimize all graphs, which require a lot of calculation.

But - when you work with access-restriction on basis of some fields in your application, it will open without any filter, regardless, how you saved it. Here you might create a macro (triggered by open-event), which does the filtering.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

So with access-restriction it won't work..

ok, thanks.

tanelry
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Better than macros, make selections and create bookmark. Then add document trigger OnOpen that will recall this bookmark.

In bookmark you can also include layout state (active sheet, charts minimized/restored state etc).

Not applicable
Author

last one is the best solution

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

This sounds good to me but I found the following in the reference manual:

The following triggers are not to be used in the QlikView Server environment, since

they lack meaning or may cause unexpected results:

OnOpen

OnPostReduceData

OnPostReload

Is this not applicable in this case or does it work anyway?

Cheers

Fredrik

tanelry
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Fredrik,You are right, OnOpen trigger won't fire on server.

According to this post it is possible to call bookmark by adding parameter into url:
http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/22222/84886.aspx
quote from Torben Seebach:
If you use Ajax, the only way I've been able to this is via bookmarks. If you select Remember Layout state in a new bookmark, then it will show the sheet you were on when it was created. And you can the reference the bookmark in the url by appending: &bookmark=Document\BM01

I have tested the url trick and it works indeed but I'm not sure how to set this url extension up on access point (I don't know server so well). If someone could enlighten us here...