Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrsjar_qlik
Contributor
Contributor

How to select records with same groupid in chart view?

I have a table like this:

GroupId,Name,Score

1,A,2

1,B,3

2,A,3

2,C,4

3,B,2

3,C,3

I want to filter records with groups that contains both A AND B, i.e. only 'GroupId 1' should be selected.

How can I do it in chart view?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be try this?

Dimension : GroupId

Expression : If(WildMatch(Concat(Name, ','), '*A,B*'), Sum(Score))

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, you could just click on 1 in GroupId field and Qlik will filter all rows with 1=GroupId. 

Thanks!

wrsjar_qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your reply. 

But here is a demo, in my real data, I may want view the data form B AND C, or A AND C dynamically. 

What I need exactly is how to map such as 'B and C both in one group' to 'GroupId'.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am sorry, If i understand wrongly. But as i understand you may need like

If(Match(Name, 'A', 'B'), 'Group A & B', If(Match(Name, 'B, 'C'), 'Group B & C', If(Match(Name, 'A', 'C'), 'Group A & C')))

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
wrsjar_qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi  , thank you for your reply.

But if I understand right, match(Name, 'A', 'B') will produce all rows that 'Name' field contains 'A' or 'B'. What I want is only rows that 'A' or 'B' with same  'GroupId'.

In this demo, I just want Row 1 and 2.

Another question, in your solution, the 'Group A & B' or 'Group B & C' are statically set. But if there are many Name, I may need 'A & B', 'A&C', 'A & B & C' etc, so combining them dynamically is ideal.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What you need output from given input?

GroupId,Name,Score

1,A,2

1,B,3

2,A,3

2,C,4

3,B,2

3,C,3

4, A, 1

4, C, 2

4, B, 3

];

Note : If you need 1 and 4 as output does it mean wherever A & B together from each group you want to present them irrespective of remain?

wrsjar_qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, in your demo, I want group 1 and 4 as output

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be try this?

Dimension : GroupId

Expression : If(WildMatch(Concat(Name, ','), '*A,B*'), Sum(Score))

wrsjar_qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank for your help.

I changed ' If(WildMatch(Concat(Name, ','), '*A,B*'), Sum(Score))' to ' If(WildMatch(Concat(Name, ','), '*A*B*'), Sum(Score))'

Thus 'A,C,B' can be filtered out also.

Now it works, thank you again.

By the way, can I change 'A AND B' dynamically? For example, I want to view 'A AND B AND C' group, but not change Expression?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Off course, You can even try

If(WildMatch(Concat(Name, ','), '*A*B*') or WildMatch(Concat(Name, ','), '*A*B*C'), Sum(Score))