Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pranaview
Creator III
Creator III

How to select the current year by default when the user opens the app without using a trigger

Hi All,

Requirement: User wants to see just the current year data when he/she opens the application and then if they want, they can clear that and see the whole data set.

Now, I know that QV's Document OnOpen Trigger doesn't work with the AJAX client. So is there any other way i can implement this logic?

The only workaround is like if i add this logic on a button but then again not having to click or make any selection and see the current year by default is what the users want,so i don't think using a button would work.

Please let me know if there's any way to achieve this.

Thanks,
Pranav 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Victor_Alumanah
Creator
Creator

You can save the report with the current year selected. Whenever a user loads the report that will be the default view.

While we teach we learn

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I think I have had some documents working in ajax with OnOpen trigger... or maybe I also add the actions in the OnPostReload trigger. Have you tried this?

Victor_Alumanah
Creator
Creator

You can save the report with the current year selected. Whenever a user loads the report that will be the default view.

While we teach we learn
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just wanted to clarify a couple of things.  The Ajax trigger is 'unsupported', it may work, it is just that R&D will not support it, so you can try that, and if it works for you, you can go that route, but if there are any problems with things, R&D will not look into it if it is related to the trigger...

Regarding the other comment regarding setting the value, that is likely the best option here, the catch is going to be on the change of the year, someone will have to change that on 1 January etc. and resave before the app gets posted to the users.  Publisher saves all the existing selections etc. in the app prior to reload, and then reapplies everything post reload automagically, so whatever is set in the Source Document should be what is set in the User Document upon distribution unless potentially Section Access is used the field value is not available to a user or group of users etc.  Hopefully this is clear! 🙂

If the other posts helped, be sure to use the Accept as Solution button on their posts to give them credit, I just wanted to add the clarification, you can give them credit if they helped.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
pranaview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruben,

I did try using both the triggers but it doesn't seem to work in the access point for me.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

pranaview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I think i have another way that i can do this. So, we'll be having a Home screen for the dashboard which will have tabs(text objects/buttons) to navigate to the reports and I can put an action on that tab to select the current year. That should work.

Thanks for your help!

Pranav

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Maybe that's your problem:

Allow Session Recovery

Session recovery saves the current selection state for each user when a session ends. It then re-applies the selection state the next time that the same user reconnects to the same document.

Note:Session recovery affects all users and documents on a server.

To allow session recovery, tick this check box. To disallow session recovery, untick this check box.

So, the saved selection value is new selected with selected values.

Regards

pranaview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the clarification. 

Pranav