Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set Minimum date value for Y-Axis Plot

Hi,

I am plotting line graph. The dimensions is a list of "Scanners". The Expressions or the Y-Axis is "Date and Time". Even though the Date and Time ranges between Jan 2, 2014 and Jan 4, 2014, the Y-Axis starts from the Year 1899 and maximum is year 2020. I opened the Chart Properties -> Axes tab -> Expression Axes section, and applied the "Scale" -> Static Min and Static Max values. The Y-Axis still plots between the Year 1899 and Year 2020.

Can someone please suggest how to change the Y-Axis Date and Time? Does QlikView automtaically adjust the Y-Axis to Max and Min ranges in the "Expressions"?

I appreciate any response. I have also read QlikView Date Fields Technical Brief and applied the functions mentioned. QlikView plot seems to be very specific inplotting the y-axis.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi you need

to uncheck the force 0 in the axes tab

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi you need

to uncheck the force 0 in the axes tab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Liron,

Thanks for the quick response. Your solution woorked. If you want to predefine Y-axis to range between Jan 1, 2011 and March 2014, how do you do it?. I used the "SetDate" function in the Axes tab -> Scale section -> Static Min and Static Max parameter, it does not seem to apply. I defined Today() for Static Min and the graph still shows Year 1899. I checked Force 0. Is there a specific syntax for Dates to be displayed in Y-axis area?

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

have a look ,at this example

Not applicable
Author

Hi Liron,

Thanks for your response. The example looks good.

Raghu@