Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set two QVW's as one QVW so users can see only their data?

Hi,

I have two qvw's.

QVW_A gets the data from Excel A. QVW_B gets the data from Excel B.

QVW_A contains 4 sheets. wheras QVW_B contains 7 sheets.

User A will access QVW_A. User B will access QVW_B. Is there anyway that I can combine both QVWs as one QVW,

i,e I can combine bothe excel files and create a single QVW. but my question is I would need the User A should see only sheets which is populating from Excel A. User B should see only sheets which is populating from Excel B.

Is it possible to set this without section access. can anyone hepl me please.

Thanks.

13 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Add a column "User" in each sheet from XLS

In this way any set of data is linked to a user.

When you load your document test OsUser() function, it returns the user connected.

In this way you may filter data according to user

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's not possible without section access if the users are using the ajax client. If they're using QV Desktop perhaps you can use the OSUSER function to distinguish between the users and use the username to show/hide the right sheets. See this document: QlikView App - Show and Hide Sheets based on User or Menu

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for prompt reply. could you eloborate as I couldn't able to get this.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

In QVW_A load QVW_B as binary load otherwise load single qvd based on the 2 excel. Another option is used sheet level section access.

Thanks & Regards

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

Tr y use binary load

QVW_A binary load into QVW_B  and Copy sheets from QVW_A to QVW_B

or

QVW_B binary load into QVW_A  and Copy sheets from QVW_B to QVW_A

or directly load two excels into One qvw and then copy sheets object from both app

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. How to set this with OSUSER function My users are using Ajax client. please help me if possible with example.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

In any of the application like in QVW_A Binary load QVW_B and maintain a excel file which is used for sheet level section access and use this excel as section access.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. when I am using under conditional for one sheet it is showing a RED line under expression

=sum({<SheetName={'Author'},OSUser={'$(vOSUser)'}>}if(index(vSheetGroup,'G') > 0,SheetAllowed, 0)) > 0

Not applicable
Author

The red line is removed. And the example is good. But i am not getting how to use this any help please?