Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

How to set up default TIMEZONE in Qlik

Hi,

Is there any way to setup a default time zone in QLik? currently in my DB all the time is in UTC and when I fetch the data from DB, I want that it should be automatically convert to 'Eastern Time (US & Canada)' zone?

in my DB the date is: 27-01-18 05:20:37.000000000 AM and when I save it in a QVD file it is showing as:- 27/1/2018 10:20:37 AM.

SO i think it is alreday converted to EST time zone by default. So please let me know if I am correct or not.

Thanks,

Sandip

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

We need to use ConvertToLocalTIme() function to convert the date value from one time zone to another like below code:

converttolocaltime(Timestamp#('27-JAN-18 4.12.45.000000000 AM','DD-MMM-YY hh.mm.ss.ffffffffffff TT'), 'Eastern Time (US & Canada)',true())

and there is no way in Qlik to setup a time zone by default.

Thanks,

Sandip

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try using the Converttolocaltime() function.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/DateAndTimeFunctions/co...

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

We need to use ConvertToLocalTIme() function to convert the date value from one time zone to another like below code:

converttolocaltime(Timestamp#('27-JAN-18 4.12.45.000000000 AM','DD-MMM-YY hh.mm.ss.ffffffffffff TT'), 'Eastern Time (US & Canada)',true())

and there is no way in Qlik to setup a time zone by default.

Thanks,

Sandip